Friday, May 13, 2011

Thankful for Friendship

It's no secret, I've been through my share of challenges over the past several months.  Between my mom's cancer, my dad's Alzheimer's, the passing of 2 grandparents, and an upcoming relocation, needless to say, things have been a bit rocky.  In addition to the fact that I've dealt with all of this while on the opposite end of the country, my plate's been a little full. 

While, at times, the obstacles I've been faced with have seemed insurmountable, somehow, just when I need them, my friends have stepped in and given me the little boost I need to get through. 

I have been truly blessed with a wonderful network of friends from high school, college, and life since, that have surrounded me with love, support, humor, and anything else I've needed to make it through.  While I've been somewhat reliant on email and Facebook to reconnect and keep in touch with those that I'd otherwise have lost contact with, I've embraced any opportunity to interact with people who have influenced my life at one time or another. 

As the years have passed, I've always felt as though I've maintained the same "core" group of friends - I don't know if they know who they are, that I still consider them some of my best friends, or if they even feel the same about me.  I have contact with some more than others, but they have all been incredibly important to me over the years, and have come to my rescue when things have looked dire.  A random phone call, a cheerful text, a kind worded email - they have been there for me and made me realize how blessed I am to have them, in any capacity.

So, to my dear friends, (hopefully you know who you are) I want to just say, thank you.  Thank you for being there, for accepting my friendship, and for offering yours.  (Wow, should I cue the Golden Girls theme song now?).

As I've just been hit once again with an enormous outpouring of support (after the passing of my grandfather) I wanted to be sure to let you all know how much I've appreciated your love and friendship.  I only hope that, if needed, I can be there for you just as you've been there for me.

*My friends are the lemonade in my life*

2 comments:

  1. You have wonderful friends because you are a wonderful friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love you!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts, comments, concerns - so drop me a line!