Saturday, May 21, 2011

I Heart The Weekends

Weekends are such a magical time, especially for anyone over the age of about 8.  I remember how my friends and I used to look forward to them - we'd have sleepovers, order pizza, stay up late, watch movies, eat junk food - basically all the things we didn't get to do during the week.  

Now, even though we've outgrown sleepovers (at least the kind where we curl up in sleeping bags on someone's family room floor and talk about boys), most of us still look forward to the weekends.  Work, family, kids - they are all we think about during the week, so the weekends grant us the opportunity to sit back, relax, and (hopefully) do things at our own pace.  Want to sleep in?  Go ahead!  Want to make a big elaborate breakfast of pancakes, scrambled eggs, and bacon?  Enjoy!  Feel like spending the day in your jammies?  Kudos to you - showering is optional!

I love not having to set my alarm and get up at the butt crack of dawn.  I love that my schedule is (usually) my own.  And, I love that it's a time to unwind, recharge the batteries, and finally focus on me!  Even with things that I "have to do", I get to do them when and if I feel like it.

I know that life won't always be like this - at some point we'll add kids to the mix, and I know that sleeping in will be a thing of the past. Work and life will only get more hectic, so lazing around and relaxing will also be more difficult, but hopefully we'll still be able to enjoy this "at our own pace" feeling.  For now, however, we're going to soak it up!

So, until Sunday evening rolls around, and I begin to pout about how fast the weekend went by, I'm all about relaxation, enjoying some sunshine, and taking advantage of some well deserved time off!

*Happy Weekend*

1 comment:

I'd love to hear your thoughts, comments, concerns - so drop me a line!