Wednesday, May 18, 2011

My Husband, My Hero

I love my husband more than I can possibly say.  He is so wonderful in so many ways, I can hardly begin to describe them!

I have a difficult unconventional job.  I'm a full time nanny, and when we met, I was living in the home of the family that I work for.  My life revolved (and still kind of does) around work, but rather than run for the hills, Ben accepted it and blended seamlessly into our family.  He's a really good sport about semi-raising kids that aren't ours, and does so many things that would likely drive anyone else crazy.  He comes with me to get them from school, gets them dressed, helps them go potty, plays games, helps with baths and bedtime - you name it, he's probably done it with a smile.  He loves the kids, understands my crazy work hours, and doesn't get upset when I come home completely exhausted.  He just gets it, and by extension, gets me!

Yesterday was a long day for me.  I got to work at 6:00 a.m. and didn't leave until 7:00 p.m.  By the time I got home, I was wiped.  All I wanted to do was crash on the couch.

Thankfully, he had made a yummy chicken and rice casserole and kept it warm until I arrived.  I settled in with a (much needed) glass of wine and my delicious dinner.  He basically pampered me all evening with countless "what can I get you, patoots?".  He even jumped up to get me a 2nd helping, so that I wouldn't have to get up.

When bedtime finally rolled around, I was delighted to find that he had remembered to wash (and dry - which we often forget to do) our sheets - I had mentioned it on my way out the door that morning and completely forgot!

Long story short, Ben is my personal hero!  He's so wonderful, takes such good care of me, and puts up with much more than I wish he had to.  I really don't know what I'd do without him! 

*Love you, patoots*

2 comments:

  1. Anything for my rinnie!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is such a blessing! :) I'm glad you have him.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts, comments, concerns - so drop me a line!