Thursday, May 26, 2011

I'm Thankful For...

Today begins a new tradition - Thankful Thursdays.  A chance to sit back for a few moments and think about something (or someone) that I'm truly grateful for.  There is, of course, a time and place for rants, complaints, and general observations, but there also needs to be a time for thanks, and this is mine.

Today, I am thankful for my husband, Ben.  While I'm thankful for him every day, and probably don't tell him enough, today he really saved me. 

I called him this morning when my check engine light came on while taking Jack and Molly to school.  He patiently asked questions to assess the severity of my situation, and advised me to call him after I'd dropped off the kids.  As I made my way from the school to a local repair shop, I called him and found that he was getting dressed so he could come pick me up.

Long story short, he spent the entire day chauffeuring me from place to place while we waited for my car to be fixed.  Between 2 repair shops, to school to get Molly, to lunch, to an automotive parts store, and then finally home. 

Now, he's at home, dutifully cleaning our (not so tidy) kitchen in preparation for his sister and her husband to arrive tomorrow for a visit, after dusting, vacuuming, and straightening for the better part of the day yesterday.  

He is my hero.  He picks up the slack, always with a smile on his face, and a big bear hug ready to go.  He gives me space when he knows I need it, but is always there if I need a snuggle. 

I am so lucky to have such a wonderful husband, best friend, and partner in life. 

So today, as I am every day, I am thankful for Ben.

1 comment:

  1. He sounds wonderful. Maybe some day, we'll go on a double date. :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts, comments, concerns - so drop me a line!