Sunday, July 3, 2011

Much Needed Days Off!

This week I will be enjoying a much needed "stay-cation". 

Susan, Jerry and the kids are in Maine for a family reunion, Ben will be working, and I will be splitting my time (hopefully) between productivity and relaxation.

We have soooo much to do before we move - closets need to be packed, paperwork (long neglected in an ever-growing pile on the desk) needs to be sorted and filed, items not coming with us to Ohio need to be donated - in short, I've got my work cut out for me. 

So, my plan for the week will be to complete a small project each day, and then reward myself with a little time in the pool.  There is nothing better than floating around a clear blue pool on a hot sunny day with a glass of ice water and a good book (especially after a few hours of hard work) - that will be me this week!

I know that we still have more than a month before we move, but almost as soon as I catch myself thinking "We can do that later", or "That can wait", a little voice (sometimes in the form of Ben or my mom) reminds me that it will be so much easier to do this in stages, rather than run myself ragged for the week leading up to the move.

And so, I will be productive, I will stay on task, and I will certainly look forward each day to my reward of pool floating, book reading, and quiet relaxation!

1 comment:

I'd love to hear your thoughts, comments, concerns - so drop me a line!