Thursday, July 28, 2011

Thankful For Memories

This is my last week working in California.  I came out here just over 4 years ago, not knowing what life on the west coast would be like for me.  Looking back, I can't imagine it being any other way. 

I have grown so much as a person, learned so much, gotten through so much, and experienced so much, I don't know what I'd be like if I'd never come here.

I wouldn't have met Ben.  I wouldn't have made some of the closest friends I think I'm likely to find.  I wouldn't have gotten a 4-year-long dress rehearsal for parenthood.  I wouldn't have learned first hand how difficult kids can be, and I wouldn't know how tough stay-at-home moms have it!  I wouldn't know how challenging, and amazing, and frustrating, and entertaining kids can truly be, yet how different they are!

So, today, I'm most thankful for 4 years worth of memories.  The hugs, the laughter, the tickles, the cuddles, the games, the time-outs, the tests of patience, bath times, bedtimes, singing in the car, watching movies, bowling, going out for ice cream, first steps, first days at school, sleepovers, illness, (did I mention cuddles?), Starbucks, going to lunch, vacations, swimming - everything that you do with kids, are caught off guard with, take for granted - I'm thankful for all of it.  The whole kid package!

Jack and Molly are two of the most amazing little people I ever expect to come in contact with.  They have each changed my life, and I am so thankful for both of them.


*Love you guys*

2 comments:

  1. They are wonderful little "utes" and you have been the worlds best nanny!!!!! I love you rinnie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been wondering what your cryptic FB messages have been about! What an exciting time in your life, though; change is scary, but a good scary. I nanny'd for a year after grad school, and I agree, it was a GREAT prep for parenthood!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts, comments, concerns - so drop me a line!