Wednesday, July 6, 2011

I'm All Out

You know those days when you can't seem to get ahead?  One thing goes wrong, (maybe not even wrong, just off plan) then another thing happens, and pretty soon, your day has completely gotten away from you and you're wishing you could just curl up in a corner and have a good cry. 

That was me today.  I just couldn't seem to catch a break! 

I won't indulge in the laundry list of things that seemed to knock the wind out of me today (beginning with the kid at Starbucks who didn't make my frappuccino a decaf as requested and left me feeling jumpy all day), but suffice it to say, this evening I'm out.  I'm out of whatever it is that gives you the strength to pick yourself up for another round, whatever it is that allows you to laugh (or at least smile) at life and move on.  

It just wasn't my day.

I feel like a truck has run me over, I've been knocked down from behind, and after an already not-so-great start to the week, I just don't think I have the energy to pick myself up again.

The worst part of all?  Most of what went wrong today was completely out of my control.  I was handcuffed and forced to just take what was thrown at me.  Don't want to deal with this?  Too bad!  Have your own list of things to do?  Hahaha, better luck next time!  

Tomorrow will be better...I hope.  Odds are it won't be much worse than today, and that's saying something!  For now, I'll just relax, recharge the batteries, and think of something to be thankful for tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, friend. I'm sorry. :( Feel free to Facebook or email me!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts, comments, concerns - so drop me a line!