Thursday, June 9, 2011

Thankful Thursday - A Sense Of Humor

Thursday is here already, and this week's "Thankful" theme was easy.

I'm thankful for a sense of humor. 

As we continue to add family members to this weekend's Relay festivities, our laughter has increased exponentially.  Last night, Ben and I enjoyed a relaxing dinner with my parents and brother.  We joked, teased, laughed til we cried - all the things that I have come to expect when we spend time together.

This evening, we added my aunt to the mix, which only amplified the humor in the house.  My mom and her sister are hilarious together, and provide us with plenty of material to laugh about.  We even added wine to their already entertaining presence, which only contributes to the hilarity!

Unfortunately, Ben's parents have been stuck in Atlanta while they waited for a plane to bring them the rest of the way to Ohio.  Even after hours of delays, they are trying to find the humor in their situation, while we (relaxing here in Ohio) make sarcastic bets about when they will actually take off and arrive. 

Humor is what makes my family so much fun.  No matter what's happening, we try to find something funny about it, and are never wanting for an audience.  Numerous family gatherings spent at the dinner table telling old stories, laughing about our favorite memories, and playing off one another.

As the weekend progresses, I'm sure that the laughter will only continue. 

So, this week, while I'm always thankful for my family, I'm most thankful for the sense of humor that we share.

1 comment:

I'd love to hear your thoughts, comments, concerns - so drop me a line!