Thursday, June 16, 2011

I'm Thankful For...

How can it be Thursday again?  These weeks just seem to be flying by! 

Of course, I'm thankful for many things every day - the people around me, my family, sunny days, Starbucks...you get the idea. 

Today, more than anything else, I'm thankful for the Internet. 

As we now shift gears and set our sights on Ohio, we must begin the process of nailing down a workshop for Ben, a job for me, and most importantly, a place to live.  Since we are not planning on making a trip to Ohio between now and our actual move, this means that we have to get somewhat creative with our approach. 

My mom will be a huge resource, but I'm enough of a control freak, that without the Internet, I'd probably go nuts not being able to actually see the places that she's describing to me.  I know people my age say this all the time, but "what did we ever do before the Internet???"

Now, I could go on and on about the many ways in which the Internet has affected my life (keeping up with long lost friends, random movie trivia look ups, weather updates, news, checking in online for flights, Netflix, etc.), but I'm sure I'm not that much different from everyone else with a modem.  Some days you are just more aware of it than others!

So, after a day when most of my free time was spent sitting in front of the computer navigating countless "For Rent" websites, I'm thankful for the Internet making the process just a little bit easier!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts, comments, concerns - so drop me a line!