Friday, June 10, 2011

Relay For Life - Day 1

Today was Day 1 of Relay For Life! 



What fun!!!  Not only did the team t-shirts that I ordered arrive on time (whew), but the severe thunderstorms that we were supposed to have all evening, by the grace of God, managed to skirt either north or south of us, and left us with only a light drizzle at times (double whew).

My mom rocked the Survivors Lap, and we all enjoyed walking as a team, proudly displaying our beach towel banner! 



As the hours rolled on, we were joined by various family and friends, all of whom were happy to participate in the walking of lap after lap. 

It was so special to help light the luminaria (I lit my mom's), and find the names of family members lit up around the track.  There was a lap walked in total silence, followed by beautiful fireworks.  Overall, a very special evening!

Best of all, my mom had a great time!

By the end, I must confess, my feet hurt, so I'm looking forward to a good night's sleep (with the help of several Ibuprofen). 

Tomorrow will likely be just as fun and memorable as today was - I'm looking forward to seeing more of our dear family and friends to celebrate my mom's triumph over cancer!

Go Team "Life's A Beach"!!!!

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful way to celebrate your mom & the life she's living!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts, comments, concerns - so drop me a line!