Thursday, June 2, 2011

Thankful Thursday - Just A Few More Days

Last week, it was easy to be thankful for Ben, because, well, he's the best.  This week, I had to think a little harder about what I'm thankful for.  Yesterday, I wrote about how frustrating it's been to be so far away from my family, and before that, I wrote about how fast time flies. 

So, today, I'm thankful that I get to see my family in just a few short days.

I love my family, and it's been really difficult to be so far away from them since I moved to California.  Over time, I've realized that it's much easier to focus on the next visit, rather than wasting time thinking about how many weeks and months slip by between visits.

My parents were out here for a nice long visit in March, to make up for a Christmas visit that got cut short.  When they left, we knew that we wouldn't be seeing them again until early June.  In the grand scheme of things, it was a relatively short amount of time, but it felt like an eternity.  So, I've been slowly counting down, anxious and eager to see my family once again.

While we've had to get used to being apart and only seeing each other every few months, we've also started a silly tradition of counting down to our visits with "This time next week" or "This time in 3 days", etc.  Yesterday, I realized that in exactly one week, we'd be there...yay!

So, as we continue to count down the remaining days until we're once again in Ohio with "The Whole Damn Fam" (as we affectionately call ourselves), I'll continue to be thankful that the time has gone by so fast, and that I was even able to get time off from work to make this trip!

1 comment:

I'd love to hear your thoughts, comments, concerns - so drop me a line!