Sunday, June 12, 2011

Relay For Life - Day 2

Yesterday was Day 2 of Relay For Life in Hudson.

While Day 1 was energetic, celebratory, and exciting, somehow Day 2 was lacking in the luster department.

Teams packed up and left, the number of walkers slowly dwindled down to a precious few, and by the time the closing ceremonies came around, only a handful of people remained.

Despite the energy shift, our team had a wonderful time!  Team Life's A Beach was represented for 24 hours by more than 35 walkers.  We more than doubled our fundraising goal, and helped contribute to the event total of more than $81,000!

The weather cooperated - the sun even popped out for a while on Saturday!  We did have some (very) sore feet, tan lines, and tired team members, but looking back, I think we'd do it all again!

Today was spent running the in-laws to the airport, having lunch with wonderful friends, and enjoying a low key evening with my family. 

As we prepare to head back to California tomorrow, I'm amazed at how fast this trip went.  I'm so thrilled that we (along with dear friends and family) could be here to participate in this important event! 

I am reminded, once again, that we are truly blessed with a wonderful support system - amazing people who genuinely care about my family. 

1 comment:

I'd love to hear your thoughts, comments, concerns - so drop me a line!