Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Back To Ohio

Today finds me in Ohio with my family.  As we count down to Relay For Life on Friday/Saturday, the next couple of days will be hectic and wonderful, as we welcome my aunt from Florida, Ben's parents from Salt Lake City, and pray for good weather as we walk for 24 hours.

I'm so happy to be here.  It's only been a few hours since we arrived, and already we've settled in, are laughing and joking with the fam, and truly feel at home.  It makes me realize, once again, how much I've missed being a part of the day-to-day life that goes on here.  Maybe it wouldn't be the same if we lived here, maybe we'd get on each other's nerves - of course, we'll never know for sure. 

As much as I complained about living here as a teenager (hence the migration to North Carolina for college) it has always been home.  Even now, regardless of the changes to the town, as I drive through the various streets and neighborhoods, it feels the same.  Always familiar, always charming, always, somehow, mine.  I look forward to visiting, am always sad to leave, and appreciate now, much more so than I did years ago, what a unique community it is.

Oh, how I wish Hudson and Salt Lake City were neighboring communities - life would just be perfect (ok, maybe not perfect, but certainly easier)!

But, alas, they are not.  So, we will make the best of our visit, be thankful for the opportunity to be here this weekend, and enjoy every minute we can with our Ohio family and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts, comments, concerns - so drop me a line!