Tuesday, August 30, 2011

The Time Change

My body needs to have a crash course in adjusting to new time zones. 

It's like I'm hard wired.  No matter what I do, I can't seem to force myself onto a new sleep schedule.  The whole "go to bed early" or "force yourself to wake up early" thing just doesn't seem to be working for me.  I need a new tactic, because I'm currently staying up until the wee hours of the morning, and by extension, sleeping half of the day away.

I figured that between the drive cross country, the lack of sleep that I got during our trek, and the hard work we did once we arrived, I would have no problem adjusting to being 3 hours ahead. 

Apparently...I was wrong.

Confession:

Some of you will likely shriek when you read this (sorry Mom), but these last few mornings I've slept in (been in a coma) until well after 10:00 (ok, 11:00 this morning).  I don't know what's wrong with me.  I can't remember the last time I slept more than about 8 hours (and that's being generous) and now I'm sleeping almost 10!  Is it possible that I'm finally catching up on the sleep that I've missed over the last 4 years???

Even now, as I'm writing this, I'm acutely aware of the fact that it's 12:30 a.m. and I'm WIDE AWAKE!  I'm feeling invigorated!  I'm cruising job sites, sending out applications, monitoring the US Open, and seriously considering doing some dishes, or laundry...or something!

Seriously, someone needs to bash me over the head with a frying pan, or better yet, throw a bucket of cold water on me to get my booty out of bed in the morning (no, not really, because then I'd not only be wet, but I'd be pissed!!!)

Tomorrow, we're setting an alarm and getting up at a reasonable hour.  Really, I'm going to be out of bed before 9:00 a.m.!!!  I've had enough of this - time to embrace Eastern Standard Time!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm not going to lie - I am SO STINKING JEALOUS of your 10 or 11 am wake up. I might give a body part to be able to do that ... okay, that sounds drastic. But, seriously ... I'm desperate for sleep like that.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts, comments, concerns - so drop me a line!