Monday, August 15, 2011

Unplugged

Today was day 4 in our new apartment.  Things are slowly starting to come together, though the apartment is still in a bit of disarray. 

One side effect of moving was that we had to unplug ourselves from our DVR in California. 

I know we're not the only ones guilty of it - we rely way too much on what we've recorded on tv.  In the evenings, after a long day, we're usually found on the couch vegging out in front of a variety of shows.  On the weekends?  Yep, couch potato central!  Much of our free time is spent saying "what should we watch now", or "what's on tonight?".

Before we moved, I went through our Series Manager to jot down the shows that we record, so that in the time between leaving California and arriving in Ohio, we wouldn't risk forgetting one of our precious programs.  God forbid we miss an episode of Storage Wars or Project Runway (no really...I'm serious!)

The number of shows that we were set to record was staggering - too many to mention, and some I couldn't even remember watching. 

In any case, since we left California, we've exponentially reduced our time spent in front of the tv (a side effect of driving cross country for a week), and I think it's been a good thing.

 I'm sure by the time the US Open rolls around, or the fall season starts, we'll be singing a different tune, but for now, I'm really enjoying the fact that we've been unplugged for a few days!

P.S.  The cable guy comes on Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts, comments, concerns - so drop me a line!