Thursday, September 1, 2011

Feels Like Home

This week, I'm thankful that Ohio feels like home!
We've been in Ohio for almost 3 weeks, and it's finally hit me that we actually live here now. 

Ben is learning his way around, we're continuing to get our apartment organized, and best of all, we are figuring out where to find important staples like wine and toilet paper in our new grocery store!!! 

While we've taken advantage of having my parents in close proximity, I feel like we're also spreading our wings a bit.

We don't rely on them to keep our social calendar full, in fact, we've managed to keep ourselves fairly busy without their help! 

As we continue to pull away from California - finally getting around to cancelling our California health and auto insurance coverage, getting local cell numbers, and seriously discussing going to the DMV to get Ohio licenses and plates - I find that we're settling in quite nicely. 

When we first arrived, I felt the need to check in with Ben every day with subtle questions like "Are you glad we moved here?", "Do you still like it?", and "If you hated it here, you'd tell me, right?"

Fortunately for both of us, we're very happy with our decision to move to Ohio. 

However, if we weren't, I'm pretty sure we'd be stuck here, because I honestly don't know if I can do that cross country drive again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts, comments, concerns - so drop me a line!