Thursday, September 29, 2011

I'd Be Thankful For Some Help...

I think we've established that I'm not exactly domestic and that Ben and I have had our dining issues.

I managed to shock my new co-workers when I described my lack of cooking skills and the fact that I only know how to make about 4 things.  Apparently I'm the only one who buys alfredo sauce in a jar rather than making it (hello, isn't that why they sell it in a jar?), and who prefers to make cookies from the convenient little bags of cookie mix that can be found at the store, rather than making them from scratch (seriously, who has that kind of time?)

My big problem is that I simply don't enjoy cooking.  It's a chore.  It's not how I want to spend my free time.  I am missing the gene that tells me that something need a little more cinnamon, or what to do if something tastes too salty.  I'm just not that girl!

Somewhere, Julia Child is rolling over in her grave.

Also, our lack of creativity when it comes to our evening meal is really starting to bug me.  I feel like we recycle the same 5 or 6 options (most of which include pasta).  As much as I love spaghetti, enough is enough!

I know I'm a long way from being voted Happy Homemaker Of The Year, but I'm determined to branch out a bit!

So, this week, I'd be incredibly thankful for some recipe suggestions!  Yes, this is an anticipatory Thankful Thursday.  I'm planning on being thankful when you, my darling readers, come to my rescue and give me some meal suggestions!!!

Now, keep in mind, that my cooking skills are somewhat limited.  I'm not completely useless in the kitchen (I've even been known to cook pasta without the pot boiling over), but let's just pretend (for kicks) that I know nothing about cooking, am about 5 years old, and have the attention span of a cocker spaniel!  So, any suggestions need to be relatively simple (oh, pretty please). 

Yes, this is my official plea for help (as well as my great big THANK YOU).

Do you have a recipe for me???

1 comment:

  1. Check out www.crockpotgirls.com for awesome recipes that quick and easy!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts, comments, concerns - so drop me a line!