Thursday, September 15, 2011

I Heart Fall

Last night, I stepped outside with the dog, felt the chilly night air, took a deep breath, and loved seeing that soft plume of fog when I exhaled. 

Fall is on the way.

I love fall.  I love sunny crisp afternoons.  I love the leaves that seem to change overnight from the soft green of summer to brilliant fall shades of orange, yellow and red.  I love the cooler temperatures that require jeans and jackets.  I love that fall means football season.

This time of year, I feel like I can look forward to the upcoming holidays with anticipation, rather than a mild panic attack at the idea of having to Christmas shop, decorate, cook, and attempt to maintain my weight through yet another holiday season.

Fall is the deep breath before the insanity that seems to be the winter months.  We don't have to worry about crowded shopping malls and grocery stores.  We aren't faced with icy roads or snow days.  We can (usually) walk from a parking lot to a store without getting frostbite.

These are the days of sweatshirts, fleece, cozy afternoons, and hot drinks. 

I love fall, and today, having a glimpse of what's to come, I'm thankful for fall in Ohio!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts, comments, concerns - so drop me a line!