Thursday, December 29, 2011

A Two-Fer!

My great friend Sera arrived from California today!

She's here visiting for the next several days, and is officially the first visitor that we've had since we relocated ourselves to Ohio.

I love having visitors!  Not just because it's great to catch up with old friends, and not because it's fun to show folks around who aren't from here.

I love having visitors because it forces us to clean!!!

Somehow, cleaning is less important when it's just the two of us. 

I see the clutter, I know it's there, and yes, I have learned to ignore it. 

Crumbs on the counter?  I can overlook them.  Dust on the tv cabinet?  Nope, I don't see it.  Dog hair in the carpet?  That's why we have shoes!

Somehow, I'm ok living with stacks of mail on the kitchen table.  I can get around the random boxes that clutter our guest room, and I effectively block out the dirty dishes as they pile in and around the sink.

But, as soon as we knew Sera was coming to visit, we began evaluating what needed to be cleaned and organized before she arrived.

After several days of behaving like grown ups, our humble 900 square feet was made presentable - I would even feel comfortable having my mom walk in here!

So, this week, aside from being super thankful to have my friend here for a few days, I'm thankful that her arrival motivated us to finally get around to the cleaning that we'd somehow managed to keep putting off.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts, comments, concerns - so drop me a line!