Monday, December 5, 2011

Being Thankful Is Hard Work

It wasn't until I got an email from my mom today commenting on the absence of blogs that I realized that I completely skipped over Thankful Thursday last week.

I suppose it's because I haven't wanted to be thankful.  I'm tired of thankful being such hard work!

I don't want to be thankful.  I want to wallow.  I want to mope.  I want to sit around feeling bitter. 

I'm bitter about all the things that I don't have control over.

I'm upset by the feeling of wanting things but not being able to get them.

Wow, do I sound like I'm about 4 years old or what?

But, alas, it's true.  I'm frustrated, I'm tired of working hard and having nothing to show for it, and I wish upon wish that something, anything, would get just a little bit easier!

Yes, I have a wonderful husband.  Yes, I have a job.  Yes, I have a place to live. 

Blah, blah, blah..

Sometimes isn't it just easier to feel bad about what we don't have than to feel good about what we do have?

It's something I need to work on.  I don't like feeling jealous.  I don't like feeling angry about where my life is.  I don't like feeling as though I'm in a hole. 

Life is good, I've had lots of blessings, and everything is happening for a reason...

I just need to remember it!

2 comments:

  1. Girl, I could have written this post. I know just how you feel ... I'm in a major funk these days and just can't seem to get into the Christmas spirit. :( Hopefully, we'll both snap out of it ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the same way sometimes rinnie.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts, comments, concerns - so drop me a line!