Monday, November 28, 2011

I'm Not Weird, I'm Quirky!

I was recently on a Friends kick.  I set it to record on TBS and Nick At Nite (by the way, the fact that shows from the 90's are airing on Nick At Night is just a little sad), and all of a sudden I had over 40 episodes waiting for me on the DVR.

Well, a few weeks ago, I was watching an old episode where Monica (Courtney Cox) and Richard (Tom Selleck) were talking about their quirks.  Monica, of course, had a million, while Richard struggled to think of any and in the end just made something up to make Monica feel better.

This got me thinking about my little idiosyncrasies - the things that make me, me.  You're never aware of them until someone or something makes you self conscious, and now, all I can think about is how many bizarre, borderline OCD "quirks" I have.

For example:

-When in a restaurant, I always put my glass back on the exact same spot on the little napkin, so that there is only one glass ring.

-I like to have the loose end of the toilet paper come up and over the top, rather than from underneath (when I saw that someone had replaced a roll at work "backwards", it took every ounce of self control I had to not flip it around).

-Sometimes when people are talking, I think about how fast I could type out our conversation.

-I tend to move my lips along to whatever song is in my head.

-I could care less about making the bed in the morning, but I have to straighten the sheets before climbing in at night.

-I like to eat M&Ms in even numbers.  Also, if I grab a handful, I want to have the same number of each color, so I'll eat the extra ones first.

-I freak out if Ben has his foot or leg on top of the covers when we go to bed.

-I have to have all the doors closed in a room in order to go to sleep.

I'm sure I could go on with my list of crazies, but I won't bore you. 

I'll just say once again that I'm not weird...I'm quirky!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts, comments, concerns - so drop me a line!