Thursday, November 3, 2011

An Ego Boost

There are few occasions that make you feel like a million bucks. 

Getting praised by your boss at work. 

Wearing a new outfit that you feel amazing in. 

Best of all - getting a great haircut!

A few years ago, I grew out my hair and donated it to Locks of Love.  I was happy to do it, I didn't mind the months and months of not having to pay for haircuts, and I was super happy to finally cut my hair!

When my mom was diagnosed with cancer in 2010, I decided that I'd like to donate hair again, but this time, in her name.

Today, a journey a year and a half in the making has come to an end.


Before.....

After.....





I was a little nervous about the grand cutting of the hair this time around.  I was worried that it wouldn't look good, that Ben wouldn't like it, or that it would be shorter than I wanted.

Fortunately, as soon as she started trimming the edges after lopping off over 10 inches of hair, I started smiling and haven't been able to stop!

Today, I'm thankful for the great feeling of getting a haircut, being happy with it, and receiving compliments from wonderful friends that make you truly feel like a million bucks!

Thanks friends!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Oooh, love the short 'do and what a great cause! My hair is soooo long right now (I haven't cut it because of laziness and lack of funds!), but maybe I should wait a little longer so I can donate it when I do get it cut!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts, comments, concerns - so drop me a line!