Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving Thursday

Today, when my mom half jokingly suggested that we go around the table to say what we're thankful for, she got shut down. 

We all laughed and went about the business of consuming about 10,000 calories in less than an hour.

But, her suggestion got me thinking...what am I truly thankful for today?  Yes, there are the obvious things - health, family, jobs...blah, blah, blah...but today of all days, what stands out?

1.)  I'm thankful that we didn't have to travel further than down the street for Thanksgiving

2.)  I'm thankful that I have a husband who actually likes to cook (especially today, the mother of all cooking holidays, this is a biggie)

3.)  I'm thankful that despite my extreme lack of domestic or culinary skills, I was allowed to make the mashed potatoes (exciting for me, because it's pretty hard to screw up mashed potatoes!)

4.)  I'm thankful that we began a new family tradition of movie watching and evening grazing after Thanksgiving dinner

5.)  I'm thankful that, at least for this year, we could be together as a family

6.)  I'm thankful that I wasn't stupid enough to eat 4 pieces of pecan pie (unlike Ben)

7.)  I'm thankful (a little) that with all this extra junk in the trunk, those extra 10,000 calories won't make that much difference

8.)  I'm thankful that I had some stretchy pants to come home to

9.)  I'm thankful that going shopping tomorrow is not in the cards for me (whew)

10.)  I'm thankful for a simple, fairly low key day with my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts, comments, concerns - so drop me a line!