Sunday, January 15, 2012

2012

The other night, as Ben and I were going to sleep, we took turns making a list of things that we want to do in 2012 - new things, things we want to do better - we took a few minutes to speak frankly about what we want to change this year.

Here's what we came up with:

Have at least 1 night a week with no tv
Cook 1 new recipe per week
Fold laundry as soon as it comes out of the dryer (and put it away)
De-clutter our apartment
Pay bills as soon as they come in
Save $200 per month
Plan and take a trip just the 2 of us
2 date nights per month
See more movies in the theater
Spend more time with Roo and JB
Take more pictures
Improve our relationship with my brother
Make 2 new friends (me)
Lose 50 pounds (me)
Incorporate more fruits and veggies into our diet
Go to bed before 10:00
Shop with coupons
Drink more water
Read more books
Be aggressive with finding work (Ben)
Start a family

Lots of these require little adjustments and changes, while others represent a shift in lifestyle.  We'll see how we do!

2 comments:

  1. I am big into couponing. Let me know if you need some tips!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great tangible list! So many of what you've listed is on my list too - going to bed earlier, turning off the TV, eating more fruits & veggies. And good luck to you starting a family - what an exciting time!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts, comments, concerns - so drop me a line!