Friday, October 21, 2011

My College Years

This weekend is Homecoming at Elon University.  All week I've been seeing comments on Facebook from college friends getting ready to head back to North Carolina to re-live the glory days of our youth.

While I can't make it to Homecoming (nor have I made it to a single Homecoming since I graduated almost a decade ago), I realize how much Elon and the friends I made there have meant to me over the years!

So, I've taken a few moments to look back on some of my favorite memories from college:

Freshman year in West dorm with a certain someone across the hall constantly saying "I'm so glad y'all are here" and "Weeeelcome to Eeeeelon!"

Going through Recruitment and meeting all my wonderful AOII sisters!

Sophomore year when I stayed in West dorm for another year and lived with my darling Stictoria!

Junior year when I moved into a house with 3 great friends!

Getting to be a Rho Chi during Recruitment - one of my favorite Elon memories!

Eating in McEwen and then smelling like it all day.

Shopping at Wal-Mart at 11:30 on a Tuesday night.

Having campus shut down because of a "snow storm" and getting to have a snowball fight instead of going to class!

Contemplating with my friends whether the grounds crew really did spray paint the grass on campus.

The Lighthouse, West End, and Brewballs.

Schlepping across campus to Moseley to find something to eat on the weekends.

Daring to get Little Caesar's and hoping that I wouldn't live to regret it!

Saturday nights on the Greek Courts.

Sorority formals, mixers, and crush parties.

Late night runs to Cook-Out for mint Oreo milkshakes.

Of course, there are a million memories, a million inside jokes, a million reasons to look back on my 4 years at Elon and smile.

So, this weekend, as the lucky ones head back to pay homage to our Alma Mater, I'll be wishing I was there too, missing my dear friends, and being thankful for my wonderful college years!

Go Phoenix!

P.S.  For those of you who didn't go to Elon - sorry about all the inside jokes and references...guess you had to be there =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts, comments, concerns - so drop me a line!