Tuesday, May 29, 2012

A Trip Down Memory Lane

Over Memorial Day weekend, Ben and I headed to Virginia and North Carolina to meet up with some of my college friends and to visit our old stomping grounds. 

With the exception of one, it had been 3 or 4 years since I'd seen my friends!!!  Isn't it funny how fast time flies? 

Rather than go on and on (and on and on) with funny stories from the weekend (which I could totally do), I'll share my list of things that I learned this weekend...

1.  I have been blessed with wonderful friends - no matter how much times goes by, we can pick right up where we left off without skipping a beat

2.  It's strange to see women that I only knew from college as mothers - chasing their kids, juggling bottles and spoons and baby food, applying sunscreen, issuing time-outs...

3.  Elon University truly is a beautiful campus - and the pictures online just don't do it justice

4.  No matter how hard you wish for it, certain states will never be geographically closer together than they already are (so we decided to be happy that we're all in the same time zone)

5.  When it comes to coordinating multiple families, sometimes you have to just make it happen!

6.  No matter how much time has passed, with true friends, you revert right back to being a giggling sorority girl (which I'm sure is in no way overwhelming or annoying to those around you).

7.  I don't take nearly enough pictures

8.  There are just some people in the world who make you feel like the best, happiest, funniest version of yourself

9.  Cook Out milkshakes are the best (if you've never spent time down South, you just don't get it)

10.  If I met my college friends for the first time as we are now, I believe that we would still be friends!!!

Thanks for a great weekend, Heather (Eric, Paige, and Caleb), Tisha (Steve, Ethan, and Benjamin), Kristen (Matt and Nathan), and Michelle (and Jonathan)...and to my darling hubby Ben, who bravely ventured down memory lane with me!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts, comments, concerns - so drop me a line!