Monday, February 20, 2012

2 Years

2 years ago today, Ben went and rescued our Mia from the pound and drove with her to the airport to pick me up as I returned from a visit to Ohio. 

She wasn't a surprise - in fact, I'm the one who found her the weekend prior when we happened to stop in to Petsmart during an adoption fair. 

We had Jack and Molly with us and decided to go in to see the fish (their favorites).  When we realized that there were dogs in the back, we took a stroll to "just look". 

And there was Miss Woof, lying down quietly in her cage, looking a little bit sad.  Noticing my interest in her, the nice man got a leash and brought her out so that Molly and I could say hi.  As Molly began poking and prodding and pulling her ears, Mia's reaction was not to recoil, or to growl...instead, she went belly up for a tummy scratch.

I said to myself right then and there "this is a great dog".

Well, long story short - she was ours within a week.

2 years later, we can't remember what life was like before we had her.  Sure, we get irritated when she pokes us with her cold wet nose in the mornings, and we are annoyed when she barks at phantom noises that nobody else can hear, but she really is our baby.

We love her more than anything - she completes our little family.

Happy Anniversary, Mia!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts, comments, concerns - so drop me a line!