Thursday, March 15, 2012

Spring Sprung

Today is March 14th and it was in the 70's. 

Hello Spring!!!!

This time a few years ago, I tried to fly from California to Ohio for a quick visit and ended up getting stranded in Chicago because of a blizzard that dropped 3 feet of snow on most of the state.

As we made our transition from California to Ohio this past summer, I was a little worried about adjusting to a brutal winter in NE Ohio. 

But, I embraced Ben buying a snow plow, and nervously monitored the weather forecasts each day to see if there was snow headed our way. 

While it wasn't the winter that we were hoping for (purely for plowing purposes), I dare say that it was a blessing. 

I did grow up in Cleveland, but after 4 years in California, I don't know that I could have faked happiness with sub-zero temperatures, treacherous road conditions, and months on end without a hint of sunshine.

Fortunately, I don't have to fake anything.  Spring has sprung! 

While I know it's possible that winter might make one final appearance, I'm not holding my breath. 

Instead, I'm enjoying the sunny days, the warm evenings, the joy of driving with my windows down, the extra hour of daylight. 

I'm excited (and thankful) for Spring!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts, comments, concerns - so drop me a line!