Friday, April 29, 2011

Mental Pictures

Life is made up of little moments, interactions, and events that converge to create one massive experience over the span of time.  Some seem significant at the time, and others aren't appreciated until much later.  However, when we don't pay close attention, precious moments seem to pass us by, only to be lost in time or remembered as nothing more than a blur. 

I am reminded on a daily basis of how special these moments are, however insignificant they may seem at the time.  Brief but meaningful conversations with my father, special moments shared with my husband, or an interaction that makes me laugh until I cry with the kids - I wish I had a video camera taped to my head so that I could save them all forever.

5 years from now, 10 years from now, I want to remember what Molly's hair smelled like, or what the inside joke was that made Ben and I laugh for 10 minutes.  I want to be able to recall what it felt like to dance with my dad at my wedding, or how good it felt to hug my mom after her first chemo treatment. 

I am reminded, once again, to live in the moment, take pleasure in the little things, and to appreciate what I have when I have it.  I know I need to work on all these things, but better to do it now than wish I had later on.
  

1 comment:

  1. I love this post, friend. :) Makes me think of the wedding episode of The Office! I'm glad you're blogging ... I'm praying for you and this new season you're entering!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts, comments, concerns - so drop me a line!